Principal Consultant – Houston, Texas
The Professional Services Team are looking for a Principal Consultant that can manage, develop and guide clients in their adoption and wider engagement of AWS Cloud Solutions.
The Professional Services team delivers a wide range of projects for both clients and business partners and is focal to the CorpInfo experience for a wide internal and external audience.
The Principal Consultant will build solid working relationships with sales colleagues and be assigned a set of accounts within a structured geography.
Managing a team of direct reports with an array of skills and responsibilities, the Principal Consultant will own the professional relationship with enterprise customers, acting as the point of contact, the trusted adviser and point of escalation for all issues arising from the delivery of the Professional Services offering.
The role includes all aspects of business development, people management, client relationship development and collaboration, technical delivery, program and project management across a broad array of client accounts.
Leading a team of Engineers and Solutions Architects, the Principal Consultant will have full accountability for the successful delivery of Professional Services projects, from Pre-Sales and Proof of Concept to final stage hand over and review.
- Build a business area – working alongside sales leadership and engineering colleagues, the Principal will provide leadership and subject matter expertise on network architecture, DevOps implementations and toolchain, hybrid systems management, application remediation and optimization, application architecture, and big data.
- Build a great team – The Principal will attract and select top technical talent to build a formidable team of engineers delivering an outstanding customer experience. The Principal will support them as they learn the newest platform services rapidly and maintain best practices. Also works with resourcing management to ensure the best skills are being used effectively and all team members.
- Engage with customers, from hands-on collaboration with client engineering staff up to CXO to implement the overall strategic business objective. Develop deep professional relationships with client Executives as the single point of contact for client Executives.
- Plan the delivery of projects alongside the CorpInfo Project Management team, including budget, delivery resources and responsibilities.
- Plan against delivery risks and issues. Mitigate with forward planning and preparation.
- Act as the cloud services and technology evangelist, envisioning and inspiring existing and potential customers through publication, public speaking, and workshops.
- 10+ years of technical delivery with solid experience of client facing responsibilities within a Professional Services environment.
- Ownership of client relationships at senior management level within the enterprise space, operating at scale.
- Capacity and capability to absorb large levels of deep technical information, analyze and effectively communicate in simple terms for both Engineering, Design, Project and Resource Management, Financial Planning and Risk Assessment purposes.
- Clear experience of executing successful business transformation projects with measurable results at scale, owning P&L responsibility, technical delivery, team leadership and senior client relationship management.
- Technology Services background focused on Professional Services, non-hardware related.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing and retaining outstanding talent, acting as the example of best practice and coaching and mentoring for success.
- Able to travel easily within Texas.